Online Marketing Manager (Berlin, Germany)
Catapult are looking for a proactive and collaborative Online Marketing Manager to design and build B2C marketing programmes for our Cataforce in both Germany and the UK. This is a new position on Catapult’s Global Marketing team, reporting to the Marketing Director, and will be a key player in building our presence and supply globally.
Cataforce is Catapult’s workforce of flexible staff, used by over 1,000 retail and hospitality businesses. This online marketer will acquire, engage, and promote a thriving Cataforce community in [45+ cities] globally. We have ambitious growth plans, and we are looking for the best in class talent to join our team.
Your primary role is to ensure we have a balanced and high quality supply of users in our European markets. You will:
- Identify, manage and optimise digital acquisition channels in order to acquire high quality users (Cataforce)
- Execute the Cataforce digital acquisition strategy, with the purpose of targeting highly motivated and high quality users
- Analyse supply needs, alter supply channels and strategies in order to meet market demand and regularly track Cataforce metrics to help the Cataforce succeed on the platform
- Prepare acquisition materials and engage with appropriate partners to attract users;
- Review and monitor user onboarding flow and documentation, and make alterations to improve Cataforce conversion and retention
- Pilot Cataforce acquisition initiatives, that can be scaled globally
- Proven ability developing and managing digital advertising strategies, processes and tools at scale
- Working knowledge of key marketing systems such as ad platforms, automation software, analytics software, etc.
- Proven ability to interpret data, get actionable insights and forecast and report accordingly
- Appetite to operate at a high pace, with quality, in an entrepreneurial setting
- Fluent in English & German (verbal and written skills)
- Flexible to travel up to 25% of the time
Online Marketing Manager - Strengths & Weaknesses
For any role its important to align on the trade-off between strengths we need vs weaknesses we are willing to accept. Below is my initial draft. It would be good to discuss and align on.
Skills/experience/strengths to look for:
- Languages: Must be comfortable working in both English and German, spoken and written
- B2C: Must have worked in a B2C / Supply environment, and be passionate and driven in a career in B2C
- The right kind of ambition: Finds Catapult’s mission interesting and wants to help Catapult win. The right people talk about making the company succeed, and not about their career advancement (which will also happen if we succeed).
- Technical proficiency: Must be tech-savvy, and have experience using automation, SEO, web and social tools
- Data & analytics: Enjoys spotting trends, and testing and optimising for the best performance
- Performance tracking: Goal-orientated, and strives to perform against targets
- Financial analysts: Ties activity to revenue objectives and drives performance through the supply funnel
- Experience: Hands-on experience in creating a wide range of online campaigns, and has seen the projects from start to finish, to understand what success looks like, and how to achieve it on those platforms
- Startup environment: Not phased by a rapidly changing environment with no red tape and politics, where the focus is purely on output
- Culture fit: Doesn’t necessarily need to be outgoing, but must be quietly driven, amicable, willing to help, and a good communicator
- Has a POV: While being open to input, the right candidate has a fairly strong point of view on what works and what doesn’t across different areas of Online B2C marketing
Weaknesses/lack of experience we can accept:
- Content: Not necessarily a good copywriter or campaign concept designer, but knows who to go to, for what, and when
- Building from zero: No experience building from zero, but must be comfortable to roll up sleeves, and get what needs to be done done (ie problem solver!)
- International experience: No need to have experience working in international companies, but must be a strong communicator
- We support you in your development and help you grow in your career. Depending on your individual development and wishes, you can develop yourself in different roles over time (eg Team Lead etc.)
- An attractive compensation package consisting of fixed salary, bonus and company shares
- Industry Benefits (MacBook for home use and more)
- An international team in Berlin and London and a WeWork office in central London