Global Head of People
Join the team that’s changing the future of work by building the best part-time job ever!
Catapult’s online employer platform and candidate app allow candidates to access 1000s of shifts with top retail and hospitality brands across the UK and now also Germany. We use AI to match part-timers with shifts that suit their skills, experience and employer preferences, giving people the freedom to choose when and where they work.
Behind our incredible product is a team of ambitious entrepreneurs and investors. We take action, share knowledge and always think about scale as we strive to achieve our mission of providing people with great work that’s flexible.
In four short years, we’ve secured over £10 million investment from Global Founders Capital (GFC), the partners of Novator Partners (investors in Swift, Klang Games and Rebag) as well as a group of angel investors including Anthony Gutman (Goldman Sachs) and Jorg Mohaupt (investor in Spotify and Adyen).
If you’re looking for a job where you can have fun and while making a real impact on people’s lives - Catapult’s the place for you!
As the Head of People you will be globally responsible for the HR function including both strategy and execution. The primary goal is to ensure that Catapult is a fantastic place to work and that we have an exceptional team in place to execute our mission.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Culture and values and ensuring best possible implementation
- Organisational structure including organisational banding, titles, responsibilities and compensation levels
- Employment contract management across various categories for both existing employees and new hires
- Handbook and various employee policies
- Performance management process and personal development plans
- Learning and development offering and budget management
- General HR queries
- Benefits management
- Onboarding process including training and social integration
- Employer branding across Glassdoor, LinkedIn, careers page and job ads
- Team bonding strategies
- We don’t expect the role to necessarily include doing recruitment, however the Head of People should keep an overview of the recruitment progress on all open roles, and get involved at the final offer and contract stage; and also ensure the team follows a solid recruitment process including interview technique and consistent scoring and decision making
Who you are?
- First and foremost you are interested in Catapult's mission, to build a new way for millions of people to work
- You are passionate about people and culture
- You thrive in fast paced startup environments and like to get your hands dirty
- You have 3-6 years experience in HR and feel ready to lead the function globally
- You ideally have an HR qualification
What you’ll get from joining us?
- Competitive compensation and share options
- Premium Private Healthcare from Vitality
- 50% off your Virgin Gym Membership
- A learning and training budget exclusive to what you need/want
- Flexible working hours including working from home 1 day per week
- Company MacBook (you can use at home too)
- Enjoy all the benefits of a great co-working space in central London! That means free drinks, snacks, breakfasts, dinners and activities with the team.
- Awesome work culture: https://writing.joincatapult.com/our-values/