Finance Assistant - English & German Speaker
Are you looking for a new challenge at a fast growing venture backed startup, where no two days are ever the same and you can make a real impact from day one? We’re looking for smart, impactful and empathetic problem solvers to join our Finance team in our London office.
We’re growing quickly, building the best part time job for candidates and the most effective, tech-focussed staffing solution for our employers.
Work is all about people. Traditionally, lots of companies in our space make extra profit by treating both workers and businesses unfairly, we don’t do that. Even when it’s harder, we strive to do the right thing by the people we work with. A big part of that is having a fair and effective Finance team!
You should apply if you ...
… have a passion for numbers - we’re looking for someone who is passionate about numbers so this should be reflected in your degree (Finance, Maths, statistics, economics, engineering)
… are tech focussed and want to make a difference – we’re a tech startup so we need people on board who believe in our mission and understand the impact that Catapult can have
… speak English and German fluently - you’ll be the first point of contact for our employers in both UK and German markets. We want someone who is confident in solving their problems efficiently and effectively, in both languages via phone and email
What you’ll be doing?
- Making sure we invoice clients accurately and always think of ways how we can can handle 10x increase of invoices in the (near) future.
- Managing and owning the accounts, receivables and credit control. Produce accurate reports, chase invoices in a friendly manner both via email and over the phone.
- Responding to invoice queries but don’t stay there! Always look forward try to find ways on how these can be reduced.
- Liaising daily with our invoice factoring partner and making sure all our clients having a smooth experience.
Who are you?
- Nothing gets you down – We get our energy from knowing that, even when it’s hard work and people think what we’re doing is crazy, it’s worth it because the impact will be huge.
- You see the bigger picture – Excel is your best friend! You love analysing data and are always diving deep to provide an insight into how we can improve and help Catapult to grow.
- You’re a Catapult person – at Catapult our brand is friendly, confident and professional and you embody this in everything you do! No task is too big or too small and there’s no “that’s not my job” at Catapult.
- You’re a hustler – You think on your feet, act fast and come up with your own solutions – you also reflect if you make a mistake and improve for next time.
- You’re the eyes and ears – you are the integral link between Catapult and our employers. You pass on feedback so we know how we can improve both our finance processes and our product.
- This position is available full time
- Initially £23,000-30,000 salary structure (depending on experience)
- Opportunity to work remotely up to one day per week
- Get your own MacBook (feel free to take it home)
- Weekly dinner, company-wide breakfasts, unlimited drinks and snacks in the office, and regular social events
- Be a key part of Catapult expanding into Germany! Join an ambitious, fun and social team